BURNETT TRAFFIC BRIDGE TO HANDLE TWO WAY TRAFFIC FROM TOMORROW

 Council has just issued the following Media Release regarding the Burnett Traffic Bridge……

Bundaberg Local Disaster Management Group will allow traffic across the Burnett Traffic Bridge tomorrow from both north and south sides.

District Disaster Coordinator, Superintendent Rowan Bond said a trafficable route via Hanbury Street had been established and two-way traffic will be possible from 6am tomorrow (Sunday) until 6pm in the evening.

Traffic will be confined to cars and 4WD’s at this stage.

“This represents very welcome news for those people on the northside who have had to endure great inconvenience due to the gravity of the flood damage,” he said.

“I would appeal to people not engaged in essential business or re-supply to stay away from the area as local traffic will provide congestion on the route without the additional impact of sightseers.”

Superintendent Bond said he expressed his personal appreciation to residents, property and business owners in the former exclusion zone for the manner in which they had accessed the area today.

“It’s been extremely traumatic for many and I am relieved that we have been able to get them back to their properties to commence their cleanup tasks. All property owners and occupiers will be able to now continue the work necessary to restore their homes,” he said.

“I would also like to acknowledge our Police and emergency services and Council staff for the major role they have played thus far and for the expertise involved in providing road access in such a devastated area.”

Authorised by –

Superintendent Rowan Bond – District Disaster Co-ordinator

Cr. Mal Forman – Chairman, Local Disaster Management Group

Date: 02-02-2013

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.


Hosted by Edge Online